Healthy Recipes: The Best Pumpkin Soup
4 min read
Become a Brauer VIP for your chance to WIN a $500 gift card! T&Cs apply. Ends 23.59 ACDT Monday 1st February 2021.
This clever soup is so easy to put together. You roast the veggies in the oven while you get on with something else, then puree the veggies, stir in the chickpeas and spices, heat gently and TA-DA — dinner is served!
This soup has got lots of good things going for it (as well as its great taste and good looks):
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C and line a large baking tray with foil. Scatter the chopped pumpkin, onions and garlic over the tray. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and the dried chilli if using. Drizzle over the coconut oil and then toss everything together well on the tray.
2. Roast for about 30 minutes until the pumpkin is tender when you pierce it with a knife and is crisp and golden on the edges.
3. Transfer the cooked veggies to a large soup pot. Add the stock, starting with 3 cups, the ginger and turmeric and 1 of the cans of chickpeas. Blend until smooth using a stick mixer (or transfer to a blender and process in batches if you don’t have a stick mixer).
4. Add the second can of chickpeas to the soup and leave these whole. Heat gently and add sea salt (if needed) and freshly ground pepper to taste.
5. Serve hot, topped with fresh coriander and natural yogurt. Dig in with a big spoon.
When it comes to health and wellbeing, it’s all about working from the inside out. However, this can be easier said than done. A lot of healthy cook book recipes require vast cooking times and ingredients that you haven’t even heard of – and if you haven’t heard of it, it’s much harder to give it the big sell come your family’s dinner time.
But, with a simple, healthy meal like this one, the gorgeous aromas will have your family sprinting to the kitchen. And, it won’t take you 4 hours and multiple trips to different shops to make.
Now that’s what we call a win-win situation!
If you found this article useful, why not share it with a friend who may find it helpful too?