Healthy Recipes: Loaded Nachos (That Are Actually Good For You)
3 min read
We’ve swapped chip packets for betacarotene rich sweet potato and molten cheese for a rainbow of nutrient laden fresh flavours in our quick, easy and healthy loaded nachos recipe.
Stacked with Brauer’s super-tasty beef chilli con carne, creamy smashed avocado, and crunchy veggies – it’s a feast for the eyes (and your tastebuds)!
Beef is a great source of iron and protein, while sweet potatoes also pack a nutritious punch (rich in betacarotene and vitamin C) alongside avocado’s impressive healthy fat content.
Homemade and ready in just half an hour, these loaded healthy sweet potato nachos are a surefire favourite for the whole family.
Total Time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-baked).
2. Lightly spray a baking tray with olive oil and line with sweet potato slices.
3. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crisp, then flip and bake for a further 5-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, warm the chilli con carne in a small saucepan over low-medium heat.
5. Arrange sweet potato chips across two plates or small dishes, then top with chilli, corn, onion, cucumber, tomato, avocado and sour cream.
Amount per serving
Total Fat: 21.1 g
– Saturated: 7 g
– Unsaturated: 1 g
Total Carbohydrate: 49.2 g
– Dietary Fibre:1 g
– Sugars:1 g
Protein: 22.3 g
This recipe has been developed by Brauer’s National Trainer Caitlin Daly. Caitlin is an avid foodie and certified nutrition professional, with a Bachelor of Nutrition and Food Science from the University of South Australia.
If you’re looking for more healthy inspiration, why not try some of our other delicious and nutritious recipes?
If you found this article useful, why not share it with a friend who may find it helpful too?